This privacy and cookie statement applies to the processing of personal data by Infoplaza BV and describes what personal data it processes and how it is used. Infoplaza BV processes the information provided by you on behalf of Moop Mobility BV, Vialis-Infoplaza vof and Buienalarm BV, hereafter referred to collectively as Infoplaza.
Why do we collect information and what do we do with it?
The information that Infoplaza collects has a management relationship with the service you use from us, for example:
- Saving your favorite weather forecast location
- What information is often viewed and which is not. With this information we can further improve the sites and app’s.
The information we offer is free for the end user and we would like to keep it that way. By showing ads we can pay costs incurred to deliver service. To show the right advertisements, techniques are used that are explained later in this statement.
The following is an overview of the information that we store per service or group of products in a cookie or local storage and for what purpose and retention period. We also inform how you can delete your data yourself.
- Favorite location (location / GPS location), stop, line number or road number. As a consequence you don’t always have to search on our site, but you can immediately view the most visited information. This information is stored locally on your PC in a cookie. By deleting cookies this information is gone. The downside is that you have to check your location or check manually when you next visit.
- E-mail address for the newsletter or weather reports / warnings (Weather report only). After you have registered you will receive an e-mail confirming this. At the bottom of every email newsletter that is sent you will find a link to unsubscribe immediately.
- Our users can submit special weather photos and videos. To communicate with contributors, we ask for your name and email address. This also prevents the sending of unwanted content.
Weather plaza, ovplaza, verkeerplaza, buienalarm, rain alarm, lightning alarm, schwung
- Favorite location (location / GPS location), stop, line number or road number. This means you don’t have to search in the app all the time, but instead you can immediately view the most frequently visited information. This information is stored locally on your smartphone and also locally at Infoplaza. On the basis of this information relevant notifications can be sent, for example when it comes to rain alerts or warning of severe weather.
- For the mobility apps Verkeerplaza and Schwung, the current location and speed are used anonymously if you are a motorist or cyclist using the app. We explicitly request permission in the app for this information and you can turn it off in the app if you prefer. If we notice that you are no longer on the road then the app stops forwarding your location. We need location information to provide services such as:
- Requesting or extending the green light at traffic lights that you are approaching or showing time-to-green.
- Determining whether you are stationary or driving to be able to enrich and improve traffic information with up-to-date information from our users.
The information we receive is encrypted with an anonymous, unique number. Every day we renew this number so that all users send the information anonymously and securely. The information received can be further analysed so that we can give our customers, such as municipalities and / or provinces, insight into traffic flows. This information can be used to identify bottlenecks and create plans to improve infrastructure.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to request us to:
- Access to your personal data;
- Complete, correct or delete personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data;
- Limit your personal information; and/or
- To pass on your personal data to a third party.
We will provide you with information about the actions we have taken on your behalf, following your request as soon as possible, but in any event, within one month upon receipt of your request. We can extend this period by two months in connection with the complexity of your request or the number of requests we receive of which you will be fully informed. You can submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority at any time.
To the extent that we require permission to place the cookies, you are not obliged under the law or contractually to give this permission. This is also not a necessary requirement for concluding an agreement.
Adaptation of Privacy Statement & Cookie Statement
We retain the right to adjust this statement from time to time as well as changing the cookie statement without prior notice. We advise you to regularly consult the cookie statement for the latest version.